PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tells

Admin
02-18-2011, 03:02 PM
If you want to better understand the tells in live poker, check this video out!

Daniel Negreanu, often called the most talented poker player of the World, explains you some basic tells, such as the meaning of chip splashing, talking gibberish, early chip touching and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afktJyLhO7Y

tusi0114
02-23-2011, 11:44 PM
If you would like to be the professor of the theme...get this one: Mike Caro - Book of Poker Tells (The Bible of poker tells)

http://cineclubecovilha.com/image/screen/Caros-Book-of-Poker-Tells-Mike-Caro.jpg

tusi0114
02-23-2011, 11:45 PM
And a video from the master...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqF8m12JSDE

Mr. Pi
03-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Pretty interesting videos. I would find it hard to recognize which player would fake a sigh and which player would actually make a sigh cuz they just don't realize that they do so. Or something like that. I always seem to level myself on these kind of tells like Maybe he did that just because he wants me to think that hes weak. Or maybe not?

Am I the only one with problems like these?

Pi :)

BBSven
03-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Nope, I agree. Some of these I find vague, others easy to fake. I do not question the wisdom behind their words; it's just one size doesn't fit all. Besides, hundreds of thousands of views of these videos warn you that you might come across a player who is equally prepared for such (or the very same) tells any time.

Again, what they say is wise and I honestly respect them, and they give piceces of advice very worth taking, just be careful not to overgeneralise, imho.

Mr. Pi
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Nope, I agree. Some of these I find vague, others easy to fake. I do not question the wisdom behind their words; it's just one size doesn't fit all. Besides, hundreds of thousands of views of these videos warn you that you might come across a player who is equally prepared for such (or the very same) tells any time.

Again, what they say is wise and I honestly respect them, and they give piceces of advice very worth taking, just be careful not to overgeneralise, imho.

Yeah that was very well said. I think the best is to build a scheme up for every opponent at your table. Like what do you think on which level each person is.
1) Hes completely honest with his face expressions / has no idea whats up etc
2) He knows whats up and tries to give away no or fake info.

It may take some time to realize or notice which player is which of these 2 groups but this way you can prolly avoid future problems with trusting your tells/reads.

Pi :)

tob1n
11-08-2012, 06:01 PM
also, I heard at a conference that the important thing is to establish a baseline if you can. say, if you get a chance to see how one behaves when you know they are honest and their actions are true, you know they are trying to deceive you if they deviate from that behaviour. For example if a guy ticks all the time, you can get false reads thinking he is trying to bluff, when he's just like that.