PDA

View Full Version : $5.50 SNG - Push or Fold?

Mr. Pi
03-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Hey,

I am just wondering that what should be the correct move here? Push or fold?
I mean I am still 20 BBs deep and its bubble play.

Hey guys.

What do you guys think about this spot? Is it a push or is it a fold?
t50/t100 Blinds - 4 players

SB: 28/24/1.2 over 132 hands t6345 63.45 BBs
Hero (BB): t2035 20.35 BBs
CO: t880 8.80 BBs
BTN: 23/14/4.0 Stl:23 over 132 hands t4240 42.40 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BB with :jd: :Jc:
1 fold, BTN raises to t300, SB raises to t888 Hero ?

What do you guys think about this spot? Is it a push or is it a fold?

Pi :)

Cernunnos
03-05-2011, 04:35 PM
interesting. good spot for sb to put pressure on btn and based on stats he looks like someone who is capable of doing so. On the other hand blinds' stack sizes don't allow light 3betting so even if he does, he does it with a smooth, non-polarized range, i think. Like broadways, suited aces, pps. On the other hand this is also a good spot to flat with monsetrs and hope someone squeezes. Meh, i would just see in an icm calculator how wide he should 3b to get it in. In the heat of the action i think i would push because we're shorthanded and our 20bb is only good for a few more hands.

dodi89
03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Actually I cannot really agree with you that it's a bad spot for light 3betting. In these limits players will not get it in light if you 3bet them, so my opinion is that you can do it very-very profitably with ATC here. I know it's not unexploitable, but nobody will exploit you here.
As we see the stats, it's kinda clear that SB was kinda aggro so if you know him as a reg he might 3bet here with a lot of cards that worse than ours (thought his 3bet % is really low). I think it's really-really close without more information, but I think you can go for it if SB was trying to bully the bubble. I don't know though how helpful it was, lol.

Mr. Pi
03-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys. Something very important to notice here is that its the bubble. We are 4handed and 3 spots pay and the shortstack only has 8 BBs. This fact kinda negates Cernunnos' reasoning i guess, but it was a very nice observation still :).

And the idea of putting this inside SNG Wizz was nice too. Pretty sick results.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2h33ond.jpg

Even if I put the SB's 3bet range on 100% its still KK+. So its a really easy fold. Mainly we should be so tight because of the shory being so short I guess:P .

Pi :)

Holdenper
03-06-2011, 11:49 AM
fold anytime, anywhere, because of the stacksizes, u don't really have FE, and u don't wanna flippin' or be an underdog against the 3bettor.
I would fold more often on the bubble, and push more. We can steal the blinds anytime, but if we don't have FE, we need to win the flip or 20/80, 80/20, 70/30, 30/70. In the long run if we push in this situation we give free money to the shorty.
Maybe the btn will shove, he'll be out, and we're itm, or if he fold we can push on SB/btn with a wider range.
SnG is all about stacksizes, and ICM:)

want2push
03-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice hand. Good arguments in favor of folding.