PDA

View Full Version : 11$ - KK in trouble

Mr. Pi
03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Opponents are unknown - no stats anywhere.

t15/t30 Blinds - 9 players

BTN: t1470 49 BBs
SB: t1380 46 BBs
BB: t1650 55 BBs
UTG: t1500 50 BBs
UTG+1: t1500 50 BBs
UTG+2: t1500 50 BBs
Hero (MP1): t1500 50 BBs
MP2: t1500 50 BBs
CO: t1500 50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is MP1 with :kd: :ks:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t30, 1 fold, Hero raises to t120,

2 folds, BTN calls t120, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls t90

Flop: (t405) :4c: :ah: :ad: (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t190, BTN calls t190, UTG+1 folds
Turn: (t785) :qc: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets t120,Hero calls t120
River: (t1025) :qh: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets t1040 all in, Hero ?

So now thinking back a check on the flop is fine/better imo. The board is very dry and you don't mind to let others catch a bit up.
On turn the BTN's bet was rly weird. Its really small, and still sets up a river shove. Pretty scary..
What do you guys think? What is the best thing to do on river?

Thanks,
Pi :)

dodi89
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I also prefer checking back otf. The maximum value you can get from lower pairs is one street I think and it's 3handed, so it's likely that we're not ahead either. I'd fold river.

Cernunnos
03-05-2011, 06:43 PM
sigh, fold river, i think this is 90%+ an ace, what else could it be? Otf even a decent pp has a hard time calling because the bad relative position. The only bluff i can imagine is when he was betting ott for protection and to buy a cheap showdown and now as he lost showdown value otr he turns his hand into a bluff. But an ace seems just so much likely, this pattern is a typical "rec. player flopped nutz" line.
Otf i like the bet because it's multiway pot, and on this board when you check you expect value from bluffs what happens less in mw pots.

Mr. Pi
03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I also prefer checking back otf. The maximum value you can get from lower pairs is one street I think and it's 3handed, so it's likely that we're not ahead either.
This is a typical way ahead or way behind situation. I can definitely see fishes call 2 street of bets with mid pocket pairs, but still - those 2 streets should be the turn and the river.

If it gets checked trough on the flop you can pretty much feel ok with your KK, and maybe bet tiny - around half pot at max - on turn with the intention of folding to a raise. You could prolly do the same on the river too. I would hate checking the river after taking a line like that, because you would have to / should call a bet from others, and that bet would be prolly bigger than the bet what you would have made. I mean I can definitely imagine someone turning a dead PP into a bluff when checked through.

Otf i like the bet because it's multiway pot, and on this board when you check you expect value from bluffs what happens less in mw pots.

I dont know. Now thinking back I would check because I want others to catch up / to make them feel nutz with lower pocket pairs. And yeah as you said. When you check you expect bluffs on boards like that. Well yeah it happens less in multi-way pots, but it happens more often than when we lead out.

Thanks for all the comments guys,
Pi :)

want2push
03-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I would fold.