2 folds, MP raises to t150, 1 fold, BTN calls t150, 1 fold, Hero calls t100

Flop: (t475) :9s: :8s: :9d: (3 players)
Hero requests TIME,
At this point I checked on the initial opener:
- he was playing on 5 tables
- scope said his ROI was 0% over 580 games

Hero checks, MP bets t250, BTN calls t250, Hero shoves allin

I have basically 2 questions:
-I read in Moshman's book that with 1 opener and one caller you can profitably shove AK pf because of the extra chips in the pot from the caller. Can we apply this rule on pocket pairs too?
-Was my line good on the flop? MP's Cbet seemed bluffish. I expect him to bet bigger on a drawy board like that with overpairs.
Any opinions?

dodi89
03-07-2011, 03:13 PM
My opinion is that it's better to shove AK than pps. It's because AK is really tricky to play postflop, I mean if we hit, we rarely get paid and if we don't hit.....wtf now?:) It's just my opinion, it might be wrong.

As for the hand, it's interesting. I don't know what to do here, but I have a bad feeling about the btn caller. Anyways, I think it's a good shove preflop here with JJ as well, because they can call you with some weaker pairs.

want2push
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
My opinion is that it's better to shove AK than pps. It's because AK is really tricky to play postflop, I mean if we hit, we rarely get paid and if we don't hit.....wtf now?:) It's just my opinion, it might be wrong.
It's better to shove with AK, but I would shove always with JJ, too

As for the hand, it's interesting. I don't know what to do here, but I have a bad feeling about the btn caller. Anyways, I think it's a good shove preflop here with JJ as well, because they can call you with some weaker pairs.
This is a really awkward spot. I am not sure what to do here with these stack sizes. I have a bad feeling about the cbettor, too. :)

Mr. Pi
03-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the replies!

As for the hand, it's interesting. I don't know what to do here, but I have a bad feeling about the btn caller.
I wasn't really concerned about the BTN call since the board was pretty draw-heavy. A spade draw and a str8draw is out there and I can definitely see BTN calling preflop with hands what hold a draw now.

Pi :)

Holdenper
03-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Shove pf under 30bb with TT+, AK (maybe AQ), IP call maybe better. OOP JJ isn't rly good, the flop is cool, but in the most time there'll be an overcard, and u've got no idea where r u at that point. Flop cr AI is ok, u can rep some draws, maybe he'll herocall u with some marginal hands 8x, TT, 77, 66, 55, AK. I think call would be ok also, but it's a bit weakish imho