I thought about this quite a lot.

80/t160 Blinds - 5 players

SB: t4035 25.22 BBs
Hero (BB): t2370 14.81 BBs
UTG: t2330 14.56 BBs
CO: t2400 15 BBs
BTN: t2365 14.78 BBs

Pre Flop: (t240) Hero is BB with :ah: :as:
3 folds, SB raises to t400, Hero requests TIME, Hero raises to t2370 all in, 1 fold

Can we flatcall here? Metagame issues say no - if I shove here he will be more careful later on. But postflop sounds good. Yes - we will get lucked down now and then, but by calling a loads of the regs will Cbet loads of flops. I keep hearing that calling with AA is bad on the longrun. Gettin 2 pair on flop is 1% hitting a set with a pp is 11. hitting a flush/str8 is 2%. Thats 13% of the flops where we will be dominated. (IDK if thats correct)

Opinions?

dodi89
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I think it's absolutely player dependent here and both plays can be good. If he's kinda aggro then you can call this and open a beer. If he's passive postflop I'd just shove now.

Cernunnos
03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
"I keep hearing that calling with AA is bad on the longrun." - Don't listen such advice, it doesn't work like that, you play against different people, you can't just say do this and this and no matter what this and this will happen. (i mean, except setmining with 6bb or something like that, but i think you get the point)
Against a tight range i'd just ship it against a loose range a call can vary from OK to far more superior than shove, it really depends on the player. (for example against some aggromonkey who isn't really competent a call is way better than a shove)

want2push
03-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I usually shove here. Otherwise I have to agree with the others, it's player dependant, there are some occasions when cold calling is fine, too.

Can we flatcall here? Metagame issues say no - if I shove here he will be more careful later on. But postflop sounds good.
I like this point.

Mr. Pi
03-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the replies.

"I keep hearing that calling with AA is bad on the longrun." - Don't listen such advice, it doesn't work like that, you play against different people, you can't just say do this and this and no matter what this and this will happen.

Yeah I think ure right. Basically now thinking about it - you only don't wanna call raises with monsters preflop when ure deep with the opponent. And even then you only do that to cuz its likely that you wont stack off 80BBs for instance with 1 pair being ahead.

Holdenper
03-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I think if u'r LAG call is pretty bad, because you'll resteal...like a lot! Especially against a LAGish sb bvb. U can't set mine from that stack, you'll prolly just 3bet jam with Ax+, K9+, Q9+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 86s, 97s, T8s, 22+. So if u start calling with QQ+ it's pretty expectable. I'm an aggressive restealer, if the situation is good, so in my position flat would be a big game-theory mistake. I would shove 24/7. But if u flat a few ok hands also (like 77-99, KT, KJ, QJ, QTs, A7s-A9s) you can call with AA sometimes.

Mr. Pi
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
I favor a call because most of the time we can pick up at least an extra C bet. If not a whole stack if he hit some sort of top pair.

Pi :)