PDA

View Full Version : 22$ - Bubble - Bluffing spot vs Reg

Mr. Pi
03-09-2011, 02:32 PM
BTN is one of the better regs on the limit.
His stats filtered to 5 to 3 handed are 21/19/3.5 30% open on the button over 332 hands

Full Tilt Poker $20 + $2 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 4 players

Hero (BB): t3460 34.60 BBs
CO: t1710 17.10 BBs
BTN: t6465 64.65 BBs
SB: t1865 18.65 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BB with :7s: :Js:
1 fold, BTN requests TIME, BTN raises to t250, 1 fold, Hero calls t150

Flop: (t550) :2s: :8d:: :2d: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN requests TIME, BTN checks

Turn: (t550) :8s: (2 players)
Hero bets t200, BTN requests TIME, BTN raises to t750, Hero requests TIME, Hero raises to t3210 all in, BTN ...

Preflop: When I call I don't wanna play just fit or fold. We're quite deep, I know he opens a ton and my hand doesnt play so bad postflop either.

Flop: Flop is quite dry. Quite unlikely to hit him. I check with the intention of check-raising a cbet. When he checked back I rly thought that hes aware of that. I think I c/r-d him few times already on dry flops.

Turn: Pretty nice card. Makes a flushdraw for me. Pretty nonsence to have a fd there but hey, at least the 2nd 8 keeps the chances low that villain has something. I want to lead out basically to take the pot down. He appeared weak and i don't mind a call.

I bet 200 and he raises me to 750. Now what I thought here, (lol this will sound weird) so that after I bet such a low amount after his check, he rly may think that I just want a stab at the pot. We are deep enough for him to bluffraise/fold me. The amount of raise is 3.5x my bet too which tells me something like "fold man" instead of " call come on ". Besides these I think that he would have cbetted an 8x hand on flop. He rly cant have too many made hands on turn. With my shove there I may fold out low pps too (? Idk how much of those does he have after taking this line)

EDIT: OH OH and for him that allin must seem freakingly strong. Two guys around 13BBs are sitting there. Also I would do pretty much the same with and 8 or 2 as my holecards.

So what do you guys think of my thought process and the move itself? Was it ok/good or im just an overthinking monkey?

Pi :)