PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars

Admin
02-18-2011, 10:43 PM
We are interested in what our users think about PokerStars, the world's largest poker site. Please feel free to post your experiences with PokerStars.

PokerStars site review (http://www.rakerace.com/poker-rooms/pokerstars/)

BBSven
03-31-2011, 12:10 AM
I see that Stars works a bit differently than most others in that they're not giving any rakeback but utilize a VIP system instead. Can anyone explain me how this is better than the rakeback system? My reservations with this setup are the only thing that stand between me and the room and with the RR freeroll coming, I'd like to register but first I'd like to se clear... :)

Thank you in advance for any info :)

babyonboard
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM
with their vip program you can get a very good reward (maximum about 80% rakeback equivalent if u achive supernova elite). this is why their player pool is a bit stronger opposed to other rooms. i dunno what stake are you planning to play but for grinding on micros i would not recommend ps. however it could be a good choice for a cg grinder on nl50 or higher since the good software (24 tables etc)and big player pool.

BBSven
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, thank you! :) It's only the micros for me for the time being, but there is something I still don't get, I'm sorry. I see that the player pool is stronger, and many play for a higher VIP membership status, but how comes then that it is precisely the micros that are harder, and not the higher stakes?

Thanks again,

BB

tesla79
03-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Playing on PS and FTP seems to me a "Who has got the bigger one" game, I think. Especially below NL100 and 6 tables.
Actually I never tried.

virus
04-07-2011, 11:37 AM
PokerStars tournaments are often very popular with the members of the poker room and so boast a large player field to which you will have to overcome, mixing amateur and professional poker players alike.

PokerStars also offer some of the biggest online poker tournaments in the world, with huge guaranteed prize pools and large live poker tournament packages up for grabs for any of the lucky winners that are able to overcome the large fields that await them.

In our personal opinion, PokerStars has to be considered to be the second best online poker room within the tournament offering aspect, playing second only to Full Tilt Poker, due to their choice of creating their own tournament series known as FTOPS.

Mr. Pi
04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I have no idea why but after playing on fulltilt I always felt that Pokerstars is somewhat choppy. Cheap animations cheap sounds and cheap tables. Ofcourse the software itself is flawless and has tons of options which other rooms lack but still. Fulltilt has something animationwise which pokerstars always lacked imo.

Pi :)

Aces4Paul
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
ive played full tilt and ps and sorta think the opposite full tilts characters are corny and take away from the game

The teoszan
04-25-2011, 11:46 PM
It`s a great site I like it the only thing witch I dislike is the design of the lobby it`s quite simple imo.Otherwise there are a lot of promotions here,you can buy a ton of things with fpps and this is the largest online poker site so here are the most players grinding :).

castor11
04-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Very good tournament selection, but I don't like too much this site.... But this is my private opinion:)