PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Defeat Tilt?

Journalist
03-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Read article (http://www.rakerace.com/poker-strategy/poker-psychology/how-can-i-defeat-tilt-/)

castor11
03-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Interesting article. TY.

Mr. Pi
03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Interesting article. The topic itself is very tuff imo. I was reading a ton about this whole tilt thing and about how to manage to cut it out completely, and I basically found this. (at least what should work for me)

If you want to earse the whole tilt thing you should basically realize 2 things and act accordingly:

1) In life there are NO "winners" or "loosers" - these terms are only created by our social surroundings and actually every single person is equal - only each person used his/her dedication to become better in different things. If you REALLY understand this you will realize that winning or loosing money is actually the same. Yeah it sounds stupid, but think about it. Ure a winning player (I assume) Then why would it matter if you lost some money?

2) In poker (and in life generally) you DO NOT deserve anything. Just because you are a 90% favorite in a hand it doesn't mean that you DESERVE to win that pot. Not at all. You are just a favorite and thats it. You may still lose it 10 times in a row.

This was kind of a brief explanation about how to defeat this whole tilt thing. I could write quite a lot about it since this was one of my biggest "leaks" in my game and I tried to fix it up as much as I could.

Just think about poker stuff through these 2 points and you might realize that the tilt's source was yourself and not the game.

Pi :)

tob1n
03-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Pi,

your advice helped me to handle my losses i can't do anything about. if i think of it like i don't DESERVED that pot i expected to win it's much more easier to let go. so thanks:)

BBSven
03-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I think this is similar to what is called, if I'm not mistaken, the coinflip paradox. You might have a 50% chance for heads or tails, but you might still loose 100 times in a row. It is simply that it doesn't "remember" how many times it had turned to one or the other, so you've got to count the 50% for each and every individual throws separately. The same effect is present in poker I believe, and although it is hard to accept, it made my life a bit easier with time.