PDA

View Full Version : Do Poker Bots have a Future?

Journalist
03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Read article (http://www.rakerace.com/news/online-poker/poker-bots-are-taking-over-/)

BBSven
03-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Now this is an intriguing one. I remember that PS scandal and I think the bottom line is this: online cheating frauds, including this other one with Friedman et al, even though it is not in connection with bots, take a skilled player or two to uncover; companies themselves and less experienced gamblers seem otherwise unprotected. I'm sur Stars and other rooms do everything to catch cheaters but I think with the development of science as well as with poker analytics and stats becoming more sophisticated, bots "thinking for themselves, making cash for themselves" doesn't seem as far-fetched as it was intended.

Holdenper
03-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I'm not affraid, that bots gonna take over controll @ the major sites.
A, they can be found
B, they can vary their game as a human player, they can't adapt to the flow of the game.
So imho it's not rly an issue

Mr. Pi
03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Now this is an intriguing one. I remember that PS scandal and I think the bottom line is this: online cheating frauds, including this other one with Friedman et al, even though it is not in connection with bots, take a skilled player or two to uncover; companies themselves and less experienced gamblers seem otherwise unprotected. I'm sur Stars and other rooms do everything to catch cheaters but I think with the development of science as well as with poker analytics and stats becoming more sophisticated, bots "thinking for themselves, making cash for themselves" doesn't seem as far-fetched as it was intended.

Yeah I have to agree with that. If not in the next year, but I'm sure sometimes in the future there will be a big "poker bot boom" when the artificial intelligence technology will be able to sort of clone the tought process of winning players at the tables. Seems stupid now, but I'm pretty sure this will become an issue sooner or later.

Pi :)

tob1n
03-18-2011, 02:14 PM
+1, it's just a matter of time, when will there be a bot that can "emulate" human behaviour. and when that "poker bot boom" comes, i think there also will be some kind of regulation or ban on selling them openly as they do now.