PDA

View Full Version : NL2 KK gets raised on river - River bet call?

tob1n
03-22-2011, 04:50 PM
In this hand i found myself in an uncomfortable situation on the river:

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
HoldemManager
7 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com (http://weaktight.com/)

Stacks:
UTG DaroRose ($1.94)
UTG+1 Tamaspokerta ($0.77)
MP tob1n ($1.28)
CO faster_plzzz ($0.80)
BTN ubbik ($0.47)
SB kurvinus ($0.78)
BB Amue787 ($1.66)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 7 players) tob1n is MP :kc: :ks:
2 folds, tob1n raises to $0.04, faster_plzzz calls $0.02, ubbik calls $0.04, 2 folds

Flop: :8d: :ah: :jh: ($0.13, 3 players)
tob1n bets $0.04, faster_plzzz folds, ubbik calls $0.04

Turn: :9s: ($0.21, 2 players)
tob1n bets $0.10, ubbik calls $0.10

River: :5s: ($0.41, 2 players)
tob1n checks, ubbik bets $0.20

Would you call here? Villain is 32/13, aggression 43% steal 33% (dunno if these are the relevant stats)

babyonboard
03-22-2011, 05:47 PM
raise 3-4 bb pre. if its a passive table(as nl2 usually it is), raise 4 or 5 bb with ur premium hands. he just wont notice it and u build the pot. on this flop with 2 players behind you can check or bet bigger and if u get called shut down on turn. its too expensive to find out what do they hold. but your flop betsizing just doesnt make sense. after ur pre minraise u cant narrow they range so again bet big preflop and dont afraid they will fold.

NitroHUN
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
1st: play full stacks on NL2 :)
2nd: don't minraise on NL2 with big pairs, especially on EP/MP
3rd: i guess you would have bet bigger if you had AK in that hand... your flop/turn bets show weakness, and you shouldn't have even bet turn here.
I'd easyfold this river.

tob1n
03-22-2011, 06:08 PM
raise 3-4 bb pre. if its a passive table(as nl2 usually it is), raise 4 or 5 bb with ur premium hands. he just wont notice it and u build the pot. on this flop with 2 players behind you can check or bet bigger and if u get called shut down on turn. its too expensive to find out what do they hold. but your flop betsizing just doesnt make sense. after ur pre minraise u cant narrow they range so again bet big preflop and dont afraid they will fold.

thanks, betsizing is a major leak in my knowledge, which i know i have to fill asap. anyone know where can i find some decent betsizing basics (i know, just google it, but i don't wanna trust anything that pops up)?

NitroHUN: by full stacks you mean the maximum amount allowed at the table, or NL2 - $2?

babyonboard
03-22-2011, 06:18 PM
thanks, betsizing is a major leak in my knowledge, which i know i have to fill asap. anyone know where can i find some decent betsizing basics

in a nutshell: bet between 1/2 and 3/4 pot on flop as preflop raiser. 2/3 is standard in most cases. versus weak players always bet bigger if u think u are ahead. bet bigger if u have a strong hand but the flop is too drawy. give them incorrect odds to draw. if u have nuts and not much hands can call u, u can bet smaller. in choosing ur betsizing u should consider the followings: ur hands power, board texture, and type of opponent.

castor11
03-22-2011, 09:33 PM
1st: play full stacks on NL2 :)
2nd: don't minraise on NL2 with big pairs, especially on EP/MP
3rd: i guess you would have bet bigger if you had AK in that hand... your flop/turn bets show weakness, and you shouldn't have even bet turn here.
I'd easyfold this river.

This....