PDA

View Full Version : Best video coaching site for microstakes grinder?

tob1n
03-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi all,

i'm considering improving (in fact building from the ground up) my game using coaching videos on the internet. there are so many coaching sites like Dragthebar, Bluefirepoker, Cardrunners, Deuces cracked, and i cannot choose the best. even if i choose one, there are so many coaches there... i'm playing micros, mostly cash games, but i'd also like to learn sng's or heads-up as well. any ideas on where to start? which site is the best in your opinion?

babyonboard
03-24-2011, 01:37 PM
i try to share some of my limited experiences:

DTB: dunno about it anything
BFP: for mid- and highstakes players mostly, but very good site at all. the owner and leading video producer Phil Galfond has some very good stuff and his teaching style is unique and outstanding. DRM free content
CR: one of the best site for cashgame players and especially good for HU aspirants
DC: the best for beginner cg players in my opinion. worths his price. also good community there. DRM free videos

hope that helps

Holdenper
03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
My favs is DC and Savvy, they don't have sh.tty sign-up fee, lot of videos, large spectrum of levels (from NL10 to 25/50). DBT isn't rly good imho:-/ The only positive thing about it, that they have a lot of NL10, NL25, NL50 video, but imho the coaches aren't that good (they awesome pwnker players, but not cool teachers).
So DC, Savvy +1 vote:)

tesla79
03-29-2011, 09:34 AM
There are very good micro videos on leggo poker.

tob1n
04-01-2011, 03:34 PM
okay, thanks to all, then Deuces Cracked it is. any favourite instructors?

babyonboard
04-02-2011, 12:06 AM
okay, thanks to all, then Deuces Cracked it is. any favourite instructors?

wiltontilt mathematics series

Zdydy
04-04-2011, 05:42 PM
IMO Bluefirepoker. I am going to enlist there in a few weeks by the way i'm just finishing the free trial. Phil Galfond is a very good coach. You will learn a lot from Bluefirepoker

Holdenper
04-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Hey guys! Whats the best site w/ micro-low omaha cg (SH) vids? I know blufire has Galfond, and he's a great omaha player, but he usually make videos at PLO200+ levels. What about savvy? DC? Leggo? And the others?

castor11
04-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey guys! Whats the best site w/ micro-low omaha cg (SH) vids? I know blufire has Galfond, and he's a great omaha player, but he usually make videos at PLO200+ levels. What about savvy? DC? Leggo? And the others?

I think DC is a good choice.

Mr. Pi
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Answering to Tob1n, I would pretty much go for Cardrunners. That one has the widest array of videos on Micro stakes. Verneer is making a whole series about how to "Climb mount Micro" and Imo that is GOLD. Cardrunners even has a promotion with fulltilt that if you make a number of points a month (~6k) then u'll get a free month of cardrunners just like that. (U dont have to make an FT account through Cardrunners)

Pi :)

tob1n
04-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi Pi, thx a ton! im reading verneer's book ATM, i didn't know he had video material as well. but now i'm really considering CR. or deucescracked. or both:)

babyonboard
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Pi, thx a ton! im reading verneer's book ATM, i didn't know he had video material as well. but now i'm really considering CR. or deucescracked. or both:)

if u play on FTP u can get a free CardRunners subscription through www.trulyfreepokertraining.com. consider doing it, i think its a good choice at all(im also using it)