PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Package? Almost...

buboreksrac
03-30-2011, 04:42 PM
My only bigger achievement in poker so far would have happened last year, when I was playing at Everest and they were giving away $10,000 WSOP packages.
I managed to get as far as the heads-up (there was only one package and second place paid $1,200). We played HU for 3-4 hours, blinds were huge and I eventually shoved all-in w/ a pocket pair, Sixes. The guy called me with 89o, and I thought I would either be rich or traveling to the WSOP right until the river, when my opponent got a Nine.

That's it, it's not a real achievement, but almost :)

BBSven
03-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Well I think getting as far as the HU in such a tourney is a considerable achievement on its own in the first place, so congratulations! I hope you'll win enough tournaments so as to buy yourself into the next WSOP! :)

tob1n
04-07-2011, 03:06 PM
:D nice job man, runner-up for $1,2000 is not bad at all. Considering you might have not turned any profit at the WSOP. Of course, travelling to Vegas is not a bad thing either. Anyways, congrats!

Mr. Pi
04-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I would have kinda smashed something around the room at that point. Come on. The last card of the tour raping you? Insane.

Pi :(