PDA

View Full Version : Idea about raising ATC vs Nitty 16BB nevercallers

Mr. Pi
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
So I was thinking about this thing for a while. Thought that I will write this down to get some opinions on it. I wonder what will others think.

Vs regs who I know that will never ever just call a raise in a particular spot should I raise 100%? I mean it doesnt matter if I raise 66 or 32o if I never get called. Can I keep doing that until I find them adjusting?

I'm talking about the 5-7 handed phase when the blinds are relatively high but the bubble is still quite far away.

I could be raising for instance from the CO with 32o or with KQo ( I mean the value of the hand is kindof lost when we know that we will never go postflop ) too when there are 3 tight grinders after me with a stack of around 16BBs. They will rarely ever call and a CO raise will be pretty much be respected.

Heres a hand to illustrate what I'm thinking about.

BTN SB and BB are all tight breakevenish players.

Full Tilt, $22 Buy-in ( 80/160 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 5 Players

BB: 2,360 (14 bb)
MP: 1135 (7 bb)
Hero (CO): 4,685 (29 bb)
BTN: 2630 (16 bb)
SB: 2,690 (17 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :4c: :2d:
1 fold, Hero raises to 280,

I dont think doing this every time is good but still I don't see a downside of doing it now and then. Having a decent image in the eyes of the players after you and having a bigger stack + raising around 2.2-2.5 will help too since you wont risk a big % of ur stack.

Opinions?
Pi :)