PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle tilt?

babyonboard
04-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi guys,

I am interested in how du you use to avoid/handle tilt. I have had some problems with it for a long time. I have never went busto or stuffs like that but I remember 8 hours long tilty sessions playing 6max rush 4-6 tables when I ended up breakeven because I was playing just to win back my further losses and was able to stop playing...

Nowadays I used to play short sessions and it seems to be a great solution but this manner I suck at putting the volume in.

I would like also know about your main tilt factors for example minbets or minraises, getting A high flop when holding KK, etc:)

Zdydy
04-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Hi! My advice would just be when i am having a winning session i play more because i am comfortable in playing Deep and i have found a rhythm.
While when i have a losing session i usually call it a day before i lose more from tilting or fatigue.

Do this and not vice versa.

tob1n
04-07-2011, 03:51 PM
also, i read it somewhere in this forum that you if you lose money to a worse player, who sucked out against you, you should never think that money actually BELONGED to you. you just lent him some, which he will eventually give back to you, since he's bad. it worked for me, and i could avoid going on tilt after my aces were crushed by 46o on the flop

Holdenper
04-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Usually I smash my mouse:D Maybe I'll buy some stress toy (like that cat from FTP point shop:D)

CubFan
04-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I hit my pc's Power Button - It takes about 5 mins. to reboot - Just enough time to forget what put me on TILT!!!

babyonboard
04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I hit my pc's Power Button - It takes about 5 mins. to reboot - Just enough time to forget what put me on TILT!!!

wow like the idea:D

BBSven
04-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Haha I'm sure your PC doesn't complain either :D

I usually hit the BF:BC2 icon on the desktop, shoot some fellas in the face with a 12 gauge and then resume playing :D

castor11
04-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Positive mantality. And I had some senteces. I speak theese when I feel some tilt.:)

babyonboard
04-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Positive mantality. And I had some senteces. I speak theese when I feel some tilt.:)

hey dude dont own ur secrets, share them with us:o

castor11
04-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I can't write them, because these hungarian senteces:) I can't translate correct.

Holdenper
04-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Positive mantality. And I had some senteces. I speak theese when I feel some tilt.

Yeah I've got some of that too. Something like that: "m.f@ckin g#ddammit piece of s&it, I'll blast a nuclear bomb on your house, you @ssfaced btard"
It's not nice, but help to release the pressure:D

babyonboard
04-11-2011, 11:47 AM

it doesnt matter how it does the work if it works:)

castor11
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah I've got some of that too. Something like that: "m.f@ckin g#ddammit piece of s&it, I'll blast a nuclear bomb on your house, you @ssfaced btard"

:D:D I'm trying another senteces....:)

castor11
04-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I think some books of motivation help for every pokerplayer. Let's read them:)

buboreksrac
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
There's an article on this site, providing advice on how to handle tilt, check it out:

http://www.rakerace.com/poker-strategy/poker-psychology/how-can-i-defeat-tilt-/