PDA

View Full Version : MTTs Are Legal, CGs Are Not in Sweden?

Journalist
04-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Read article (http://www.rakerace.com/news/poker-legislation/swedish-high-court-says-mtt-takes-skill-cg-takes-luck/)

BBSven
04-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Hm. I don't know if there are legal precedents in Sweden, if there aren't, this decision doesn't mean much imho. One revision of the case and it's gone. And even if there are, how a single court decision in Sweden will change attitudes elsewhere?

And there remains, of course, the core question: how to even differentiate between CGs and MTTs in terms of skill and luck? They require different strategies for sure, no one ever said they're the same but this is just stupid I think.

castor11
04-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Funny decision....:) Interesting people....:D

want2push
04-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Funny conclusion. :)
IMHO it takes even more skill to be a big winner in cash games than in tournaments. You can score big in a tournament with some luck, but in cash games it's almost impossible.

Holdenper
04-08-2011, 06:26 AM
I LMAO on this. MTTs are great, but the variance is huge, and yep u can pull a big score, then nothing, but sure...u can't hit'n'run in mtts:)
Btw it's obvious: Jamie Gold is a rly skilled poker playa, and Galfond is just a lucky fish (roflcopter:D:D ). I love when people, who don't know anything about poker try to make some legislation about it:mad: