PDA

View Full Version : Why limit poker is unpopular?

tob1n
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Since i don't know the reason, i thought i would ask more experienced players: Why do is fixed limit hold'em so unpopular these days? i mean i just look at the lobby, and there are much less players there than in the NLHE section. why? less profit? less fish?

Mr. Pi
04-21-2011, 06:21 PM
I think theres a lot more fish at limit poker tables than at no limit holdem ones. The reason is the same as what you gave: Its less popular.
I think the main point would be that on a limit poker table a winning player cannot unfold his true edge over the fishes. And thats because theres a control over how many chips can a particular player put in a hand. So yeah. Even if you kill the limits - your profit will be lower simply because of this abridgement. Which No limit holdem lacks ofcourse.

Pi :)

Holdenper
05-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Slow, boring, needs an unique mindset. You can't win 3-4 BIs in an hour. Bad action 4 TV, so the young generation doesn't rly know it, but full of fishes, u can massive multitabling it, so imo FLHE isn't that bad...but I'm too much of an action junkie to play it:D (but my first mtt which I've won was FLHE on party, 6$ 1K gtd:D )