PDA

View Full Version : "Black Friday" Aftermath - The dusk of online poker?

Journalist
04-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Read article (http://www.rakerace.com/news/poker-legislation/black-friday-aftermath/)

BBSven
04-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Very nice and thorough review of the events, thank you and well done! :)

As for the topic, I have already stated my opinion; this will only last as long as the US government and the sites can cut a deal so as to both parties have their slice of the... cake... LOL

Mr. Pi
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I believe its possible that the US government will ban these 3 sites and they never will be able to accept US players. If thats true after online poker gets legalized they may allow party poker the acceptance of Us players. And boom. Party Poker became the biggest online poker site.

Pi :)

tob1n
04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
and you're not saying this because you play at PartyPoker right?:D but yeah, i thought about something very similar. i mean if FT, PS, UB were engaged in illegal activities, i wouldn't think a state of law will just "forgive" and let them be.

BBSven
04-21-2011, 08:36 AM
No they won't forgive, but that's not the point either. Money talks. Besides, these 3 have the biggest player pools and if the govt expects taxes from as many users as these have, they'll just have to come to an agreement.

What is more, I think it is more likely for Zynga to take their place, if anyone; they have no history with the authorities and have by far the biggest pool of all; the only thing they need to do is to launch the real money tables as soon as they have the green. If someone wins, it will be them I think.

castor11
04-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I hope in the happy end...

babyonboard
04-21-2011, 12:03 PM
i hope these happenings aim is just make the situation clear before legalizing poker in the US.

Lev729
04-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope in the happy end...

Yeah, me too... :)