Username:
Password:
Create account
Forgotten password

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Stakes Poker

High Stakes Poker

Hi,

what's you guys' opinion on the new HSP season?

I think it's turning out better than I expected, with the FTP pros not participating and all.

yep, agreed. so much hate going on concerning the new season, but i think it's not that bad. but maybe it's because i didn't watch HSP's previous seasons, so there's no ground for comparison for me

I prefer to FTP pros. I would like to watch Antonius, Hansen, Dwan....

Its not bad. The new commentator guy kinda took the soul out of the whole thing but as a compensation the worlds biggest high stakes fish showed up - Mr Ruffin. So its still fun to watch i'd say.

Pi

Ewww...I don't rly like new HSP, it's like watchin' bumhunting:-S every1 try to make a big hand against that Ruffin guy, because his overbet sooooo much. Only interesting player imho is Esfandiari...at least he's creating some action.
    There was only 1 hand that I found exciting (KQ vs K7s w/ Barry and the Ruffin dude) in the new episode. Nice blocking bet/thin vb otr Mr. Greenstein!
    "Want a cookie?"

right, but also Viffer created some good TV action besides Esfandiari. But yeah, Robl, Selbst and the amateurs are boring as f#ck. And also Doyle and Greenstein are not the most entertaining fellas in the world. Can't wait for the Laak/Negreanu episodes to see some fun at least.

I think the poker action is just fine (my fav was Selbst's AQs vs. Esfandiari's 96s hand from ep4), but I miss the talk, the joking around and the atmosphere in general. Maybe in a season or two they come to do the same, but even then it will not be nearly as hilarious as it used to be

yeah. that's why the PokerStars Big Game is much better. Season 2 comes soon with Laak/Tony G/Negreanu/Hellmuth. Will be MUCH more fun

Quote Originally Posted by tob1n View Post
    Season 2 comes soon with Laak/Tony G/Negreanu/Hellmuth.
    That sounds legen... wait for it... dary!!!!

I would like to watch Antonius, Dwan.