in exclusive rake race and rakeback payouts so far

Member's login

Username:
Password:
Create account
Forgotten password

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you listen to music when playing poker?

Do you listen to music when playing poker?

It is widely argued that several mental activities, including learning or playing poker, can be backed up or reinforced if you listen to music in the meantime. It doesn't really matter what it is; the important thing is that you like it and that it should relax you or turn you on, whatever you like.

What do you think? Does this work for you?

It is actually true in my case, and, although I sometimes prefer rocking it hard, this is my current way of maintaining focus

I usually listen to vocal trance music. Pedro del Mar, Roger Shah, rarely Armin van Buuren.

Im telling you guys. This is an upswing song:

(If you like jazz it lasts for a whole month so do so!)

Answering your question - yeah listening to music is very cool. I tend to go with drum and bass/dubstep when im tired and go with some ambient/jazz when I'm overenergized.

Also the High Kings own big time.
    Pi

Hell yeah Especially when I'm playing live pwnker I would kill myself in boredom just playing 1 table with a 30hand/hour rate I love old rock (Zeppelin, Stones, AC/DC), indie, some hip-hop, dnb, jazz, blues...so a lot of music
    And ofc I listen poker-related songs (Isildur1 song, The gambler, Black and Yellow).
    Thx guys for the High Kings, and 4 the Aloe Blacc songs! Pretty awesome both
    If u like irish kinda music I recommend the band named Flogging Molly! They rocks (my fav song from them is What's left of the flag).
    "Dropkick Murphys: I'm shipping up to Boston" is also cool
    "Want a cookie?"

NOOOO WAAAYY i always get weird looks for loving irish pub/punk music but now i know there are guys like me out there Flogging Molly is great, my fav is Devils Dance Floor:

Also, Off Kilter is cool as well. (Besides of course the obvious coolness, Dropkick Murhpys):

i usually listen to rock or metal stuffs. one of my fav style is power metal. it turns my fighting spirit up, 3barrel bluffs are default play here are some masterpieces, i hope you enjoy it!

Yeeeesssss, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Manowar, HammerFall all rock big time

Also, this is quite different but equally cool:

(Pendulum FTW)

Also, to reply to the thread: I currently don't listen to music while playing, since i need all my concentration, because i'm just getting accustomed to HEM, the PS client and all that, so that slows me down a ton. But once I'll be able to multitable decently, I'll listen to some jazzy-electronic lounge music, some good DNB, reggae/dub, or even heavy metal (like Children of Bodom) if i feel like going hard. But definitely something instrumental, or low on vocals. BTW, does that matter to you? i mean concentration-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by tob1n View Post
    definitely something instrumental, or low on vocals. BTW, does that matter to you? i mean concentration-wise?
    Well, for me it's language-dependent. For example, I like Rammstein very much but I cannot possibly listen to Rammstein while, let's say, studying German. Research suggests that for people who prefer music while doing mindwork, it is generally irrelevant what kind of music they listen to, as long as they like it. There are, of course, individual preferences; for me, this is it: the music shall be either instrumental or of another language than "in which" I'm currently thinking.

BB

I didn't post video last day.