Member's login

Username:
Password:
Create account
Forgotten password

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended books for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by tob1n View Post
    right, i'm reading Sklansky's theory of poker atm, it's really hard for beginners i can tell ya +the Ryan Fee, which is much easier to read.
    tesla79: so the Verneer book is the way to go for absolute beginners? thx
    Absolutely! If you don't find, let me know that in private.

Tnx for this information

I recommend buying and reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book and Dan Harrington on Holdem vol 1 2 and 3

If you wanna crush the micro SNGs buy and read Collin Moshman's SNG Strategy book. Its like the bible of SNGs.

Pi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pi View Post
    If you wanna crush the micro SNGs buy and read Collin Moshman's SNG Strategy book. Its like the bible of SNGs.

Pi
    Thanks man, I always wanted some sng bible-ish thing to get myself going. And just to report back, the Verneer book is indeed very good stuff

I think the best available poker book for beginners is balugawhale's easy game, it is far better than everything I've faced with.

by the way what is your opinion about Harrington's online book? have you read it? Is it worth to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by iceTray View Post
    by the way what is your opinion about Harrington's online book? have you read it? Is it worth to buy it?
    i have read some page of it but didnt felt into love. i have heard that there is some misleading part in it but overall not a bad one. you can read cardrunners instructor verneers review here: http://www.cardrunners.com/blog/vern...cg-book-review

"Tri "Slowhabit" Nguyen - The Pot limit omaha book" is pretty great imho (it's like ~300ish dollar, so I can't recommend to buy it, sick price, but if u wanna learn PLO it's the best book that u can find)
    "Want a cookie?"

thanks a lot, then I am not confident about buying it. I have an ebook version of it but I don't like studying from my notebook And what about verneers book? has anybody read it already?

Quote Originally Posted by Holdenper View Post
    "Tri "Slowhabit" Nguyen - The Pot limit omaha book" is pretty great imho (it's like ~300ish dollar, so I can't recommend to buy it, sick price, but if u wanna learn PLO it's the best book that u can find)
    since the plo book can be found on torrent sites they reduced the price to 177 bucks

http://www.dailyvariance.com/poker-b...it-omaha-book/