in exclusive rake race and rakeback payouts so far

Member's login

Username:
Password:
Create account
Forgotten password

Thread: Why limit poker is unpopular?

Why limit poker is unpopular?

Since i don't know the reason, i thought i would ask more experienced players: Why do is fixed limit hold'em so unpopular these days? i mean i just look at the lobby, and there are much less players there than in the NLHE section. why? less profit? less fish?

I think theres a lot more fish at limit poker tables than at no limit holdem ones. The reason is the same as what you gave: Its less popular.
    I think the main point would be that on a limit poker table a winning player cannot unfold his true edge over the fishes. And thats because theres a control over how many chips can a particular player put in a hand. So yeah. Even if you kill the limits - your profit will be lower simply because of this abridgement. Which No limit holdem lacks ofcourse.

Pi

Slow, boring, needs an unique mindset. You can't win 3-4 BIs in an hour. Bad action 4 TV, so the young generation doesn't rly know it, but full of fishes, u can massive multitabling it, so imo FLHE isn't that bad...but I'm too much of an action junkie to play it (but my first mtt which I've won was FLHE on party, 6$ 1K gtd )
    "Want a cookie?"