in exclusive rake race and rakeback payouts so far

Member's login

Username:
Password:
Create account
Forgotten password

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help with laptop purchase

i just received mail from the store, they said that the "usual" law is that 7 dead pixels are allowed at max, 2-3 in 1cm2. but i also have the chance to see it for myself before i buy it. so i guess it's kinda good news.

there is a difference between dead pixel and dead subpixel. (1 pixel stands for 3 subpixel: red, green, blue) if there is a dead subpixel, then a pixel cant make all the colors, but a dead pixel is a black point.
    and if it comes to test them, take one of these programs on a pendrive and run it on the laptop, these are specific pixel tester applications:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...l-Tester.shtml
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...el-Buddy.shtml

wow thanks for this! the only problem i think will be that the laptop won't have an OS installed, just free dos. :S i thought about a linux live cd at first but i dunno... maybe i'll test the comp as soon as i get an os on it....

ooookay, so i'm back with my brand new dell inspiron n5110. im happy to announce that it doesn't have any dead pixels, i checked using the apps you recommended, thx again. finally i got the i5 version instead of the i3, it was just a bit more expensive, but i think it was worth it. its fast as hell, though i had a rough night trying to install all the drivers for the various parts of the computer. but now it's all right, i'm checking the gaming performance when i got home. btw, the looks nice, the display could be better, but can't complain, the build quality seems decent enough, even though the keyboard is not too massive. but hey, i switched from a macbook pro, so my expectations might be a bit too high concerning build quality. so all in all, great machine for the price so far.

Did you choose your laptop, babyonboard?

hey, congrat for buying, i hope u will enjoy using the machine i ordered the lenovo y560 after considering everything but it wasnt shipped yet. i will share my experiences after getting it.

also, games run great on this little baby...getting to love my new machine btw, can you tell me why exactly did you go with lenovo?

it wasnt an easy decision, but i felt in love with its design, and the price/performance ratio of the machine made it clear for me that it is a best buy dell 5110 seemed too shiny to me but its also a very good one. i also like dell xps but its way more expensive cause its a very well built notebook. if all things go well i will get it on tuesday or wednesday

ok, awaiting interested in your first experiences with your new notebook

hey tob1n,
    yesterday i got the laptop its very cool(not when running games:P) and has some nice feature. i like its keyboard and display, and certainly the design! shipping took almost 2 weeks but was said 2day so i deserved the 500gb hard disk instead of 320gb and the blueray drive for free the only thing i dont like so much is the shining surface,it collects all the fingerprints. to sum my limited experiences after one day, i can say that lenovo y560 seems to be a very good machine!
    Last edited by babyonboard; 05-14-2011 at 01:22 PM.

hey man, thanks for the update! i'm glad you're happy with your new laptop! also, i didn't know companies have this policy with delays...you came out of it good right? enjoy your machine as much as I'm enjoying mine