in exclusive rake race and rakeback payouts so far

Member's login

Username:
Password:
Create account
Forgotten password

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help with laptop purchase

hey guys, thanks for all your help! babyonboard, i read that exact same review a few days ago. i think i'll go with the newer one, i like the strong hardware, and the HD webcam. im only worried about the quality of the screen tho, i'd like to use it for photography and retouching so color accuracy would be nice...any ideas on that? if all goes well i'll buy the n5110 in like a week. I'll let you know if i got it

Quote Originally Posted by tob1n View Post
    hey guys, thanks for all your help! babyonboard, i read that exact same review a few days ago. i think i'll go with the newer one, i like the strong hardware, and the HD webcam. im only worried about the quality of the screen tho, i'd like to use it for photography and retouching so color accuracy would be nice...any ideas on that? if all goes well i'll buy the n5110 in like a week. I'll let you know if i got it
    all laptop displays are TN panels (except the most expensive premium category) so they are ok but not great to photography stuffs or making retouching tasks. connenct a good monitor (with ips panel) to it if it comes to photo editing and if u are doing it professionally. but the n5110 seems a good deal, i hope u will be pleased with it and im waiting for reading ur first experiences.

i just checked, and my (recently died) macbook pro had 15" LED-backlit TN panel, with which i was cool with. i loved retouching with it. though, with my mom's older dell laptop(non-LED-lit) i had some serious problems, poor viewing angle, low contrast, yellow-ish whites and all that. does LED mean anything quality-wise?

does LED mean anything quality-wise?
    not too much, it is just the backlight and makes the display brighter. but there are also TN panels in different quality so that can be the cause of your different observations.

oh ok, i didn't know this much about monitors, thanks! i hope the dell has a better quality display tho. have you decided whic laptop to buy?

not yet. my candidates are dell n5110, asus n53 and lenovo y560, all are good machines and there are some pros and cons which one to choose.

i checked the other two just now... they are very nice, but way too expensive for my budget now i'll get back to you when i bought mine

i checked the other two just now... they are very nice, but way too expensive for my budget now i'll get back to you when i bought mine
    i dunno where u have checked them but lenovo has the same price as dell, but its true that the asus is a more expensive one.

hi! its me again, i decided i'm getting the dell n5110 with the geforce 525m and 6gigs of RAM for 921 bucks. only question is: will the guys in the store allow me to check the display for dead pixels and stuff? i reckon there's some rule for this that they HAVE TO give me a chance to check in-store and i can take another one if i so wish. is this true? (just want to know what my rights are) thx!

hi! its me again, i decided i'm getting the dell n5110 with the geforce 525m and 6gigs of RAM for 921 bucks. only question is: will the guys in the store allow me to check the display for dead pixels and stuff? i reckon there's some rule for this that they HAVE TO give me a chance to check in-store and i can take another one if i so wish. is this true? (just want to know what my rights are) thx!
    i dunno what the law is but if they dont allow this, choose an another store imo...