Username:
Password:
Create account
Forgotten password

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iceTray is coming!

iceTray is coming!

Hi there,

I am starting this topic to write about me and my poker career. So let’s start with me I am a 22 years old Hungarian student who is studying energy engineering at this moment. I already have a BSc in nuclear engineering.
    I also want to describe what poker means for me. To be honest I am not a professional player and neither want to be a pro. It’s just a hobby which I want to take a lil’ bit more serious because of its financial benefits

I had started playing poker with 50 bucks and played sng-s for a while, since I lost all of the money. After that I tried myself at the NLHE tables at NL2 but I lost everything again. My 3rd shot seems to be more succesful for the present. I built a bankroll for NL10 and I am playing in this limit now at the Ongame network. I think I am talented enough to play on higher limits but since then Ihaven’t been motivated enough and I’ve been lazy too, to study and develop my skills. My main goal with this topic to set up little goals, duties for a month, or something like this and then write reports about the progress of their accomplishment. My interesting or pending hands will be posted at the appropriate part of the forum.

My main goal for this year is to be a winning player at the NL50 tables, I hope it is not an unreachable goal at all But I always say that we have to set some smaller goals too, to make our development visible. So I will set up some goals in every month and you can follow my way on taking over these „duties”. So here they are for March:

- Playing at least 20k hands
    - Go up to NL20 by the end of the month (I have almost 30 buy-ins to NL20, but I haven’t decided when should I move up. 30 or 40 bi-s, so what advices do you have?)
    - Study harder (not just in school). I want to watch a DC video series in every month, and read some books or articles. In March From the Ground Up, Ryan Fee 6max NLHE are on the list.

So, we’ve reached the end of my first post, I hope you enjoyed it. I also want to write about some more general things, like spending spare time, school, being drunk, girls, etc, if you are interested in.

Good luck for everyone at the tables!

iceTray

Hey, welcome to the board.

Wellcome and GL2U.

Hi!

I think that 30-40 BI for NL20 is more than enough, I used to do that when I reach 30BI for the bigger limit, i give a shoot...and see what happens i hope i run good and win than I'm able to stay there....and if not there's no prob i step back!

GL for the learning, and waiting for the posts about partys and girls... sounds fine...
    Join a huge hungarian team to beat Eureka Poker Tour Prague...

February

So, good morning everybody

this post is going to be about my Feb which was awful as you can see in the graph.
    i was thinking a lot which could be the problem. my stats weren't too bad. i think my bigger faults that i should be more agressive and steal more from the btn. after all i recignized that is just a big downswing. of course i had wrongly played hands but who hadn't? :-) i think i moved through this and i concentrate to reach nl20. actually i'd like to play at this limit in this month but i am patient and wait for April. last night one of my friends who plays on higher limits watched me on tv and i played on 3 nl10 tables and one nl20 tables. it doesn't seem harder than nl10 but will take a while to get used to the bet sizing :-)

After the grind I watched The Fighter last night and its pretty a good movie i recommend it for you. unfortunately my girlfriend has seen it too and seh likes "Marky" Mark Wahlberg so I have to spend some time in the gym today Note: i was engaged in bodybuilding a lot so if somebody has questions about excercises, diet, supplements, feel free to ask ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by iceTray View Post
    - Playing at least 20k hands
    - Go up to NL20 by the end of the month (I have almost 30 buy-ins to NL20, but I haven’t decided when should I move up. 30 or 40 bi-s, so what advices do you have?)
    - Study harder (not just in school). I want to watch a DC video series in every month, and read some books or articles. In March From the Ground Up, Ryan Fee 6max NLHE are on the list.
    I like your plans. 20k hands is not that much, but is a fair amount for somebody who has a life, too.

In my opinion 30 BIs is enough to give a shot at NL20.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceTray View Post
    So, good morning everybody

this post is going to be about my Feb which was awful as you can see in the graph.
    i was thinking a lot which could be the problem. my stats weren't too bad. i think my bigger faults that i should be more agressive and steal more from the btn.
    As I see from this graph you are an agro-type player. Though stealing from the button is always fine.

Thx for the advices. To be honest I wanna be more aggro I think I can improve a lot in these stats. I think I am goint to try nl20 when I reach 30 bi-s but it's a bit tricky because at the time when I would have reached this br I alwas get some sht in my face. Today IMO I was doing pretty well but succeed to push my kings into rockets against big big fish 3 times which turned my day into be. But there's 2 hours left so everything is possible I watched another DC video today and I feel that power (I recommend tubasteve's videos for every micro grinders 'cause he is one of the best in explaining).

Yooo men how ya doin'?

Finally, I got the 30 bis to NL20, so I will try it in the next few day. Of course if there's some really good nl10 tables, I will sit in there too. I have ~7k hands from nl20 FR games, and I ran on 14 bb/100, so I hope it will be continued.

By the way I am doing pretty well with my monthly aims. I took over half of From the Ground Up series, tomorrow comes the 5th episode, and I've played 10k hands already. So keep going, keep going... In this week, I will study a bit harder and play only 2 tables nl20 only to get used to the bet and stack sizes. And my dream to reach my first 1k$ by the end of the month, what do you think, is it possible? I hope so.

I hope that you'll reach your dream-goal
    Good job on the studying, keep it on!
    Nice bb/100 on NL20

GL
    "Want a cookie?"

Nice run! Keep it on.... Do you play only FR?