Create account
Forgotten password

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for beginners

Tips for beginners

Thanks, these are useful!

We're glad you liked it. Check out this ebook, too:

http://www.rakerace.com/poker-strate...inners-part-1/

The next part will be uploaded tomorrow!

Guess this comes next
    http://www.rakerace.com/poker-strate...inners-part-2/

Also, is watching televised poker (i.e. not coaching, that one is obvious ), e.g. HSP, WSOP, Big Game, etc. any useful, in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by BBSven View Post
    Also, is watching televised poker (i.e. not coaching, that one is obvious ), e.g. HSP, WSOP, Big Game, etc. any useful, in your opinion?
    Leatherass (PS pro, and a coach at Drag the bar) said in one of his videos, that it's really useful. You can watch the biggest winners playing, with seeing the hole cards. But it's only useful if you think about the hands, like "why did he played that way? Why did he bet that size? Why did he CR on the turn?" and so on, and these videos are free to watch, so it can't hurt
    "Want a cookie?"

Quote Originally Posted by Holdenper View Post
    Leatherass (PS pro, and a coach at Drag the bar) said in one of his videos, that it's really useful. You can watch the biggest winners playing, with seeing the hole cards. But it's only useful if you think about the hands, like "why did he played that way? Why did he bet that size? Why did he CR on the turn?" and so on, and these videos are free to watch, so it can't hurt
    I was hoping for a similar answer Thanks!

Guess this comes next

Guess this comes next

I wouldn't think so. Those big pros who play in these nosebleed stake games are playing a whole different style than what would be the "optimal" one on for instance the micros. They know eachoter well and so they mostly have different strategies on each person at the table (Which you should have too on the micros but still there you cant pull of sick moves as on the tv. Mostly the fish try that and thats why we call them fish.)

If you want to improve I would rather recommend watching some micro stakes videos and reading the forums here. Much more relevant information at those places and hey. You wanna learn about what you play and not about what would brunson do with his special T2 hand on the turn with a gutshot vs durrrr.

Pi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pi View Post

If you want to improve I would rather recommend watching some micro stakes videos and reading the forums here.
    +++1

Hm... Thank you all very much for the feedback I'll consider this, and I of course follow forums and the like, but will have more reservations about what's seen on TV, then. It's still fun and can't hurt though, if approached with due criticism, I believe